Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
Why reusing with our Glass Polishing System could be better for the Environment.
Most people nowadays are familiar with the 3Rs – Reduce, Reuse, Recycle – After all our children are taught about it from a young age, and it is an increasingly common focus for businesses as part of their business responsibility.
Glass recycling is one of the most advanced in the field with glass 100% Recyclable and can be repeatedly recycled without a reduction in quality. From a business perspective, recycled glass reduces emissions and consumption of raw materials and saves energy.
With the effectiveness of the process, you may wonder “is there an issue with replacing glass from an environmental standpoint?”
Whilst recycling is effective and a lot better than making new glass which is costly in terms of energy and emissions. It isn’t always the best thing possible for the environment.
Here are a few reasons why reusing beats recycling:-
• Reuse saves money in purchases and disposal costs
• Reuse keeps materials out of waste
• Reuse requires no additional energy
• Reuse reduces the impact of the supply chain on the environment.
• Reuse reduces the pollution of local water and air
These are generalised so let us apply it to Re-New’s Scratch removal system. If a glass pane has surface damage it can be expensive to replace but on top of that cost there’s an environmental cost even with the excellent processes for glass recycling.
• Creates a like new finish
• Is quick and more energy efficient than recycling
• Can be done “in-Situ” and on a tight deadline if required
• Is clean and safe
• Works on all types of clear flat glass including laminated and toughened or tempered glass
• Saves our clients on average over 50% the cost of replacement.
For more information on our Glass Polishing System click here.