Here, Re-New’s experts explain the unique Scratch Removal System (SRS), which operates by combining a chemical slurry with a 110 volt electromechanical polishing device.
This award winning system is proven to be more cost effective than replacement glass. It consumes less than a 20th of the electricity used to produce new glass, helps to reduce carbon emissions, is safe (as it can be used on glass in‐situ), negates the need for remedial works, and treatments can be completed more quickly than it takes to manufacture and deliver replacement glass.
- Clean and safe—attaches itself to flat glass by a vacuum
- Retains integrity of safety characteristics and standards
- Efficient—removes surface damage such as: scratches, graffiti, pollution, corrosion, metallic marks, weld and grinder splatter
- Treats surface damage on all types of clear, flat glass including: float, laminated, toughened or tempered, mirrored (one side only), body tinted and some curved glass
- Vacuum system attaches the polisher to the glass at a precise angle, known as the ERP* (the engineering reference point)
- A chemical slurry is pumped through a compressed synthetic polishing wheel that spins at 28,000 rpm on the surface of the glass
- The slurry is forced between the glass and the polishing wheel, which redistributes the chemical and glass molecules (not unlike massaging the surface of the glass)
- The slurry is pumped over the surface of the polishing wheel and back to the slurry bucket,
where it is replenished with fresh slurry.
*The ERP ensures a high level of control that gives this system its high quality finish and superior productivity.
N.B. SRS is unable to treat surface damage on glass with external surface coatings or glass that has either a textured or sculptured finish.